Guest Post by Jessica Edwards
What are my Top 5 Tips for First Time Home Sellers?
1. Remember that the outside is just as important and in some ways more important than the inside. The outside is the first impression and sets the tone for the property tour inside.
2. Be prepared to spend some money on repairs. You will be expected to address some items needing repairs. In some cases, a little money can go a long way.
3. Know the number and know your bottom line. Make sure you know what your mortgage payoff really is and what your closing costs will be. You also want to make sure you know your numbers if you are going to be buying as well. If you are selling and buying something else you need to meet with a lender on the purchase before you sell your home because it will effect your negotiating ability.
4. Know your agent and the brand or company that they work for. Don’t just choose an agent without looking into the real estate company and brand they work and on the flip side don’t just choose any agent because of the company. All agents work differently.
5. Be prepared for showings. Make some preparations and plan ahead of time for last minute showings and certain days of the week. Maybe let you spouse be in charge of some days and you the others if you both work or be sure to enlist the help of a stay at home mom or friend if you need pets removed during showings and you can’t always get home. A little preparation and planning on the front end will make a world of difference in getting those buyers in your home. And after all we have to get them in to get it sold!
Check out more great advice for home sellers and buyers from Jessica Edwards with Coldwell Banker Seacoast Advantage.
Via: CWB Blue Matter